We are not typical geeks and nerds!
We are always ready to talk tech.Contact Us Today
Why You Should Consider Outsourcing Your IT Services | Abbotsford & Chilliwack IT Support Services
The use of business technology is growing. And so is the need for Outsourced IT Services.
Of course, as a business owner, how much you spend on technology and IT services greatly depends on your individual business. How much technology do you need? The range is huge. Computers, POS systems, accounting software, data back-ups, CAD design machines and software, data storage, phones, online meeting software… the list is endless. And, the list is different for each industry and each individual company. Some industries must rely more heavily on certain areas of tech. For example, financial institutions are going to spend more on data security. (In fact, banks generally spend more on their IT budgets than most other industries.) Whereas, a retail store may concentrate more on POS technology and inventory tracking. One may need 20 computers & an integrated phone system for a call centre. Another may just use the 1 computer for accounting only. If your business requires more devices, though, it might be time to consider Outsourced IT Services.
Tech Budget vs Support Budget
When considering your IT budget, though, it is important to also take 2 different aspects into consideration: the technology itself… and the support of that technology. Far too often, companies will concentrate on just the one side, leaving the other starved. An oversight they may regret later.
When carving out your IT budget, a big consideration should be the IT Support side. It is vital. Having the right support in place can save your company thousands of dollars in the long run… whether that is protecting yourself against the next ransomware attack or minimizing downtime (& lost revenue) when an issue with hardware arises. Good Outsourced IT Services will also help you purchase the right tech for the business, covering the other side of the coin too.
Let’s consider a case study to illustrate why you should think carefully about spending the right amount on IT Support. Look at Jurassic Park! If they had allocated more funds to their tech support budget, their biggest problems of the weekend would have just been a shy T-Rex and a keeping 2 kids entertained indoors on a rainy day! OK… I know… that’s fiction, so hardly relevant… but the premise is still true.
Staff vs External Support
The traditional model for companies that needed tech support, was to have someone on staff to do the job. However, this can be a costly practice for a small business and makes you very reliant on one individual to keep up with all the latest updates, technology, and trends. (And this changes DAILY!) The smarter and more common route, these days, is to hire a reliable Tech Support Company (Outsourced IT Services) in your area.
Pros to Outsourced IT Services
The pros of Outsourced IT Services include:
- Using an external Tech Support Team means at least 1 less employee to find, hire, pay & provide benefits for. When you need help, you just call your provider, saving you both money and time!
- Your company can save thousands of dollars on training someone (including ongoing training since the technology business changes so much), who may leave the company at any point, leaving you to start over.
- You do not have to worry about the 1 tech going on vacation, leaving your business uncovered for 3-4 weeks of the year.
- You will actually have access to a whole team of IT Support Technicians & Consultants. Multiple heads means way more experience & skill diversity in more areas, and with more technologies. (Certainly way more than 1 single person could ever have!) So, you will have the solution to your problem faster.
- These companies usually have a greater buying power because they are purchasing more often for other companies like you. (Potentially saving you $$!)
- Outsourced IT Service Providers are well experienced in planning, and working with, all levels of IT budgets. They can determine what you need to work better, and help you work out a budget to fit.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest security concerns and threats is so important, but also very complicated & time-consuming. Managed Service Providers are used to dealing with these threats every day. They will know what measures are best for your company and set-up. Another headache off your plate!
- Running a business is a lot of work. You are already juggling many balls! Hiring a dedicated IT Support Company means 1 less department to worry about, meaning you can concentrate better on your work and customers.
Time to Hire An MSP?
Having the right Outsourced IT Services Team behind you can make such a difference to the success of your business. If you are overwhelmed by your tech needs, consider hiring a dedicated Managed Service Provider.
Oh yes… and if you happen to be in the BC Fraser Valley region, contact us! We provide these computer & technology support services to businesses all over the Lower Mainland.